- Twiga Insul
- Duct Wrap
- Preformed Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat
- Flexible Duct
- Duct Board
- New Products
- Sandwich Panel
- Noise Barrier
- Twiga Insul Duct Wrap
- Twiga Insul Preformed Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat
- Twiga Insul Flexible Duct
- Twiga Insul Duct Board
- Twiga Insul Sandwich Panel
- Twiga Insul Noise Barrier
Twiga Insul Preformed Pipesections and Lamella Mat
Twiga Insul Preformed Pipe Sections, designed for easy and rapid “snap-on” installation are a one piece moulded insulation made from shot free non combustible glass fibers bonded together with a high temperature resistant binder for pipe diameter from 20mm NB to 300mm NB. The section is available with / without factory laminated aluminium foil facings.
Twiga Lamella Mats are made from glassfiber wedges laminated with aluminum foil. Lamella Mats are compression resistant (maintains thickness at bends), easy to handle and are suitable for large pipes of diameter from 300mm NB and above.
Twiga Insul Pipe Sections and Lamella Mat is suitable for the thermal and acoustic insulation of:
- Heating and hot water service pipes
- Steam pipes up to 230ºC with bare pipe section.
- BS 476 part 7- Class 1 - SURFACE SPREAD OF FLAME NIL
- Chilled water and cold water service pipes
Features & Benefits:
- Green Building Material : Low embodied energy, Zero ozone depleting potential, Minimum VOC
- Fire Safe : Non combustible, Does not emit toxic fumes
- Excellent thermal resistance at low cost(low thermal conductivity)
- Low cost : Easy and fast to install
- Non corrosive to metal : No shot content / impurities
- Non hygroscopic
- Resistant to chemicals, oil, fungus, bacteria, rot and vermin attack
Pipes shall be thoroughly cleaned with wire brush and rendered free from all foreign matter and grease and primer coated.
The pipe should be inspected and all joints should be sealed against leakages.
Two coats of rubber based adhesive CPRX compound shall be applied on the cleaned pipe surface.
Fiberglass wool rigid sections shall be fixed tightly to the surface. All joints to be sealed properly. Fixing and sealing compound shall be CPRX. All joints of Aluminum foil shall be sealed properly by means of 75 mm wide self adhesive aluminium tape.
2 inch nylon band shall be tightly wrapped on the surface of PS at an interval of 300-500 mm interval.
For further mechanical protection, Aluminium cladding / sand cement plastering is recommended.
Handling & Storage:
The pipe sections should be stored in dry condition in closed cartons. Store vertical.
Architectural Specification :
The Fiberglass wool insulating material shall be applied for Chilled/ hot Water pipes as under.
Fiberglass wool insulating material shall be applied for Chilled/ hot Water pipes as under. The rigid pre-formed molded sections of fiberglass wool having a uniform density of 80±15% Kg/m3 and thermal conductivity shall not be more than 0.030 W/m.K at 25º C mean temperature also shall confirm IS 9842 The material for piping insulation shall be factory laminated one side with Aluminum foil on the outside. The Aluminum foil shall extend by a minimum 50 mm on one side of the
pipe section along the length to seal all longitudinal joints. Bonding of insulation material shall be with a cold setting compound.
The thickness of insulation material shall be selected as per diameter of pipes.