Twiga Class ‘O’ rated flexible duct, designed for HVAC systems is fire rated, strong, light weight, fully flexible, compressible yet dimensionally stable. Inner core made of aluminium/met foil is permanently bonded to a coated tough wire helix.
Thermal efficiency is achieved by wrapping with a blanket of glasswool insulation in various densities and thicknesses as per the required thermal resistance on the exterior of the inner core. Outer jacket, which acts as a vapor barrier, is tear and puncture resistant and is made of aluminium/met foil with glass yarn reinforcement.
- Standard length: 3.048 m (10 ft.).
- Diameter range: 100 mm to 500 mm (4 inch to 20 inch).
- Maximum rated velocity: 20.32 m/s (4000 ft /min).
- Temperature range: 0° C - 90° C (32° F - 194° F).
- Maximum rated positive pressure: 253.99 mm w.g. (10 inch w.g.).
- Maximum rated negative pressure: 25.39 mm w.g. (1 inch w.g.j).
- Fire rating: certified as per BS 476 Part 6 and 7 (Class ‘O').
- For insulated ducts
- Standard insulation density: 16 Kg/m* (1 lb/ftp).
- Standard insulation thickness: 25 mm (0.98 inch).
- Insulation R value: 0.64 m 2K/W (3.63 Fft2hr/Btu).
- NOTE: alternate insulation densities and thicknesses are available upon request for higher thermal resistance.
Application and Benefits
- Ideal for all air-conditioning and ventilating systems in hospitals, hotels, industrial, residential, commercial and office buildings.
- Available as both - with and without insulation.
- Due to high degree of flexibility, it allows ducting around obstacles where prefabricated metal ducts would be difficult and costly to install.
- A quick and economical means of correcting misalignment between system.
Products / Material of Construction
- Insulated flexible ducts.
- Uninsulated flexible ducts.
Material of Construction:
- Inner core: aluminium/Met Foil.
- Outer jacket: aluminium/Met Foil.